I love the combination of cherries and chocolate together. Recently I purchased freeze dried cherries and the first thing I made was cherry chocolate cookies. Yummy!
This recipe calls for powdered butter. If you don’t have powdered butter or just prefer to use fresh you can use 1 cup (2 sticks) fresh butter but don’t add the additional water.
Cherry Chocolate Cookies
*When baking with butter powder it is very easy to over bake. Be careful to remove cookies from the oven when they are set but not yet golden brown.
1 ¼ cup butter powder plus ¼ cup water (or 1 cup butter)
½ c brown sugar
½ c sugar
¼ tsp almond extract
2 ¼ cups flour
1 cup chocolate chips
1 cup freeze dried sweet cherries
3/4 tsp baking soda
1. Cream together butter (with the water), sugars, and egg.
2. Add all other ingredients and mix.
3. Drop by large round spoonful’s on ungreased cookie sheet.
4. Bake at 350º for 10-12 minutes, until edges are light golden brown.
5. Let stand on cookies sheet for 2 minutes cool before removing.