Last week in the middle of the night I could not sleep. So after a couple of hours of tossing and turning I woke up and got on pinterest. I saw a great idea of having a s’more bar at a wedding. I'm not planning a wedding but I am always on on the look out for a super fun idea. As I looked at the photo I thought. I think you could do that with the heat cell. If you are not familiar with the heat cell it is one of my most favorite emergency products. It is a small can similar to Sterno that emergency contains fuel that is safe to use to cook on or heat your house with.
The Heat Cell at a Glance
ID Number: 56659
Q club Price: $3.95 each
Size: 9 oz. That is about the size of two hockey pucks stacked on top of each other.
What is cool about the Heat Cell:
- Contains Ecofuel, a 100% biodegradable, odorless, and non-toxic fuel
- Burn time of 9 hours
- Unlimited shelf life
- Can be used indoors or outdoors.
- Spill proof design to reduce accidents
- Easy to relight and reuse.
I did some checking and the Heat Cell is safe to use when cooking directly over the flame. I got some supplies together and made indoor somoores with the family. My kids who love camping loved it. (It is currently -7 degrees at my house, so the chances of us going outside to have a camp fire are exactly zero).
We roasted our marshmallows over the heat cell and then added graham crackers, chocolate, and FD strawberries. Might I just say that freeze dried strawberries are a super delicious addition to traditional smoores.
Things to consider if you are going to make indoor smores.
- The close the lid on the heat cell when finished using just put the lid over the flame and the flame with be extinguished and the lid will get sucked down.
- Be sure to have some FD fruit to put on the smores. I tried it with strawberries and bananas and it was heavenly. I’m sure pineapple would also be great.