I have this friend Tiffany who carries around a stack of recipe cards, when she meets someone new she hands them a recipe like most people would hand out a business card. I wish everyone would hand out their best recipe.
About a year ago I created Coconut Mango Lime No Bake Cookies and shared it here. If I was going to hand out my best recipe to everyone I meet this would be the recipe.
Why is the such a great recipe?
- It is easy, it takes 5 minutes or less
- No bake means absolutely NO cooking, baking, or heating of any kind.
- For years I have felt cheated by the fact that most no bake cookies have to be cooked on the stove top. But with this recipe, and a few more to come, when I say no bake I mean it.
- It is delicious, so delicious when I take it places the adults eat this and try to get the kids to eat the chips ahoy.
- It is tropical. I have a love most everything that has coconut, lime, or mangoes in it. All three in one cookies is heavenly!
- I’m thinking that is because I live pretty far from the tropics. For example, it is currently the middle of June and I still have to cover my garden at night so it doesn’t freeze.
Mango Lime No Bake Cookies
1/2 cup freeze dried mangoes
1 cups shredded unsweetened coconut
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp lime juice
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
2 tablespoons honey
In the bowl of a food processor, blend the coconut into powder. Add dry mangoes, don't rehydrate just add them dry, and process until everything is powdered. Add all other ingredients and process until to forms a "dough" about a minute. Roll into balls. Refrigerate until firm. Yield 10 cookies