Last week’s preparedness accomplishments
- Made granola with the kids. I love cooking simple things with my kids. I ended up making it just with the little ones so they did a lot of dumping of ingredients and I did everything else.
- This week I figured out what I need from the Case Lot sale, and decided to wait for a different stores case lot sale. Most of the grocery stores in my area have case lot sales this time of year and they offer slightly different products. After inventorying what I needed I found that I need to wait a couple of weeks for those items to go on sale at another store.
- Purchased a Volcano Stove for my husband. It has been on his emergency prep wish list for a while and so this week we got it. He is already excited to try it out. He told me I should try canning on it. I’m pretty skeptical about that but if it works I’ll let you know.
- Made stir fry with the sprouts I grew last week. My 8 year old told “Me that we were wasting seeds because those seeds could have grown into plants and grown more seeds but they can’t now because we ate them.”
- Made banana bread from food storage (plus my fresh bananas and minus the chocolate chips)
This week’s preparedness goals
- Put away my recent purchases. Over the past week or two we have added a bunch to our food storage and our preparedness supplies. They all got brought into the house and piled in the basement. This week I need to put everything away.
- Make muffin mixes. I love these Mix and Match Muffins, and we are out of muffin mixes so it is time.
- Make a list of easy to make food storage meals. I recently ran across a list of 100 dinner ideas and I want to make one of easy food storage meals. That way when you are wondering what to make it is easy to come up with an idea.
- Try to make something edible with Quinoa. I know that everyone loves it but my family has really struggled with it. I’m hoping that the new Shelf Reliance Organic Quinoa is going to be amazing.
- Try a new recipe. I have one for Slow Cooker Tomato Basil Soup that I’m hoping will convent to 100% food storage easily. I’ll share the recipe if it turns out to be delicious.
What did you do to be better prepared this week?