On Fridays I share one of my favorite recipes from the past. Recipes that are so good they deserve a second look. I originally shared this recipe for Mango Lime No Bake Cookies here.
Why is the such a great recipe?
- It is easy, it takes 5 minutes or less
- No bake means absolutely NO cooking, baking, or heating of any kind.
- For years I have felt cheated by the fact that most no bake cookies have to be cooked on the stove top. But with this recipe, and a few more to come, when I say no bake I mean it.
- It is delicious, so delicious when I take it places the adults eat this and try to get the kids to eat the chips ahoy.
- It is tropical. I have a love most everything that has coconut, lime, or mangoes in it. All three in one cookies is heavenly!
- I think these cookies get better after chilling in the refrigerator for a while.
- If you can’t find unsweetened coconut it is okay to use the regular sweetened coconut you find on the baking isle of the grocery store.
- I use a small cookie scoop to share these cookies. The best size is for the cookies to be two bites worth—think the size of a golf ball.
Mango Lime No Bake Cookies
1/2 cup freeze dried mangoes
1 cups shredded unsweetened coconut
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp lime juice
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
2 tablespoons honey
In the bowl of a food processor, blend the coconut into powder. Add dry mangoes, don't rehydrate just add them dry, and process until everything is powdered. Add all other ingredients and process until to forms a "dough" about a minute. Roll into balls. Refrigerate until firm. Yield 10 cookies