Over the holiday weekend, a friend shared this recipe for Tropical Fruit Bark with me and we loved it. It was easy to make, super yummy and made 100% from my food storage. The freeze dried fruit is not rehydrated, so it's crunchy and sweet and just a little addicting.
I’m thinking it will make an awesome homemade Christmas gift.
Tropical Fruit Bark
· 2 cups chocolate chips, OR chocolate melting wafers (I used Guittard Milk Chocolate Chips)
· ¼ cup freeze dried bananas, break large pieces
· ¼ cup freeze dried pineapple chunks, break large pieces
· ¼ cup freeze dried mangoes.
· ¼ cup freeze dried blackberries
- Line large baking sheet with parchment paper or foil.
- Melt chocolate in the microwave for 30 seconds at ½ power repeat as necessary. Stir after 30 second and repeat until chocolate is melted.
- Spread chocolate ¼ inch think.
- Sprinkle dried fruit over the chocolate.
- Press toppings lightly into the chocolate.
- Chill for 30 minutes.
- Break into pieces and store in an air tight container.
*Note Do NOT rehydrate the freeze dried fruit. It is supposed to be crunchy.
The Tropical Fruit Bark is made with Thrive freeze dried fruit which is part of the magic, making it crunchy.