Saturday, March 26, 2011
Make a Mix: Get Dinner on theTable Mix and Chicken Pot Pie
I have found that I use the same THRIVE freeze dried foods in the same porportions in most of my cooking. To make cooking even easier I have made up some of my own mixes then when I am making dinner I don't have to measure just dump.
Here is what I do:
Get Dinner on the Table Mix
1/4 c freeze dried onion
1/4 cup freezed dried celery
1/4 cup dehydrated carrots
1 cup dehydrated potato chunks
Place all ingredients in a jam jar. Screw on lid tight.
Fill jar with hot water and let rehydrate or dump into what ever you are making.
For a printable jar label click here.
I use it for:
Chicken Pot Pie
Soup-chicken noodle, chowder, meatball, etc.
Remember Thrive freeze dried and dehydrated foods have no salt or other seasoning on them so be sure to add some salt and pepper.
Chicken Pot Pie
1 pie crust recipe prepared
1 jar of prepared Get Dinner on the Table Mix,
1/2 cup freezed dried vegetables (like peas, green beans, what ever you like)
1/2 cup freeze dried Chicken
1 can cream of chicken soup, do not add the water
1. Add jar of get Dinner on the Table Mix, freeze dried veg, and chicken to a large bowl, cover with hot water. Let sit 10 minutes until vegetables are soft and rehydrated.
2. Drain off water until the ingredients are just covered.
3. Stir in can of cream of chicken soup.
4. Add all ingredints to pie shell. Cover with send pie crust, seal edges. Cut slits in the pie crust so the steam can escape.
5. Bake pie at 350 for 1 hour.