Questions You Might Have about being a Shelf Reliance Consultant:
1. What are the benefits of being a consultant?
Commission--Shelf Reliance Consultants earn 10% commission on all sales. You also have the opportunity to earn residual income through the Q program and increased commission as your team grows. If you are interested in how much consultants make you check it out here.
- Trip Contests--In the past they have been about two each year. The last trip was to Cancun Mexico.
- Bonuses--Consultants are paid a $50.00 bonus each time a consultant signs up under them. My favorite bonus that Shelf Reliance offers its consultant is that any order that come in outside of a traditional party (this includes online sales) the consultant receives the host benefits for. This means when someone orders off you URL you receive the regular 10% commission AND you receive the 10% in free product. For me this has been a HUGE bonus.
- Build you food storage at a discount--consultants are eligible for free and 1/2 price products. It is a great way to build your food storage.
2. How do you work with & support your team members
This is a good question and I'm glad you asked it. I do a lot to support my team members. Here are some of the things I do.
Experience--I find that it is very helpful to have an up-line who is experience. I have been a consultant for about 20 months. I am a Gold Executive (the second highest rank) and I am a member of the advisory board. These things all help me be in the know and able to help my consultant be in the know.
Philosophy--I have a unique take on being a Shelf Reliance Consultant. I believe that being generous and gracious with everyone is the best way to build a business. I honestly believe that anything I can do to help a team member succeed is well worth it.
Quick Start--I have developed a program for my consultants that is a comprehensive look at what a new consultant needs to do to get off to a great start. I have found that consultants that follow it are very successful.
Weekly Training E-mails--Each Monday I send out an e-mail to my team. The e-mail includes any announcements that I think consultants might be interested in or need to be reminded of. A business training section, which focuses on how to run your business more effectively and efficiently. A Product training section, which focuses on one or more of the products in depth.
Quarterly Training Conference Calls--Usually these calls are very in depth, with extensive training for consultants (during these calls we use a service that allows you to see my computer screen so you can see what I'm talking about not just hear it)
Availability and Quick Response--I find that it is a great help to my consultants to be available and have a quick response time. I try to answer question immediately, if that is not possible I usually get back to them the same day.
Content--I share a lot of the content I develop which is a huge time saver for consultants on my team.
- Research—I often do in-depth research on our product and then pass it on to my consultants. For example in October I sent my consultants an in-depth cost comparison between THRIVE freeze dried fruits and veggies and Fresh fruits and veggies, and a reproducible hand out explaining how to use the powders (butter, shortening, tomato etc) that Shelf Reliance offers.
- E-mails—every e-mail I send out to my customer mailing list I also send out to my consultants. Who are than able to change the appropriate parts and resend it onto their customers. This is a huge time saver for my consultants.
- Screamin’ Deal--each month I highlight a "screamin' deal” which is the best unadvertised deal and I send it out to customers. I have found that this is incredibly effective at making one time customers regular customers.
- Deal Post--I also share the Monthly Deal Post I do on my blog each month with my consultants. Many of them use it on their blog exactly how I sent it to them.
- Guest Posts--I also occasionally contribute guest posts to my consultants blogs or newsletters.
Rewards and Recognition--I am so excited when a team member achieves! I try to recognize each achievement or advancement. I also periodically sponsor contests for my team.