A few weeks ago my sister and her family were visiting. We started talking about food and by brother in law Jake brought up making hashbrowns in the waffle iron.
Jake: “Have you ever made hashbrowns in the waffle iron?”
Me: “No, why would you do that?”
Jake: “They are so easy and it makes super crispy hashbrowns”
Well that got my attention. My husband LOVE crispy hashbrowns, but he only gets them when we go out for breakfast. So I thought I would give it a try.
It turned out awesome. We loved them.
You can make this recipe without the cheese. But it is delicious.
Cheesy Waffle Iron Hashbrowns
- 1 medium potatos
- 1 egg, beaten
- Shredded cheese (optional but delicious)
- salt and pepper + other seasonings, to taste
- Wash and shred the potato.
- Put potatoes in a bowl and mix in beaten egg, cheese and salt, pepper, and any seasonings you like.
- Spray the pre-heated waffle iron with cooking spray, and layer the potatoes on the iron, about 1/4 inch thick.
- Close the lid and let them cook, checking on them after about 10-15 minutes. Top with additional shredded cheese if desired. Eat immediately.